Re: Is this illegal

  • Subject: Re: Is this illegal
  • From: Lauri Raittila <lauri@raittila.cjb.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:57:32 +0200
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
in alt.html, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Lauri Raittila wrote:
>
> > in alt.html, Will S wrote:
> >> I am just starting to use CSS and have H1 as centre style.
> >
> > I don't understand this sentence.

Still don't, but I fail to see how anyone else could... URLs would be
nice...

> >> Now I am cheating by inserting graphics in the heading
> >>
> >> ie. <H1> graphics file </H1>
> >
> > [Subject:] Is this illegal
> > No, it is best way to do it, if you have your heading in image. Of
> > course, it would be better to not have text on images.
>

> I think that the original poster knows very well that he does not comply
> with standards.

The fact is that image inside h1 both comply standard, and is the best
markup, if that image contains heading. If image is not heading, then it
is not good to use h1 for it, of course, but I fail to see why h1 was
used then, exept if OP doesnt know what is div element, and class
attribute, in which I find unlikely, but maybe it is possible.

> He cannot be assured that his pages will get rendered
> correctly in all browsers. Moreover, he demands more tolerance from the
> browser, which he should not do.

Exactly what tolerance is he looking, as it is valid and correct in
browsers poitn of few.

> Since there is no font size associated with an image, why not just use a
> more suitable, rational element than HEADER? If one already breaks the
> rules by embedding important text in an image, why break the document
> structure too?

Exactly. If the important text in the image is heading, heading markup
should be used, even if it does make it bit more complicated.

[OP: find OE quotefix or get rid of the sig. It's place is not as first
thing in your post. Also learn to only quote relevant parts, and if you
want good answer, try explain what you are doing...]

Kohtuuhintainen yksiö/huone haussa Oulusta syyskuusta eteenpäin.
Searching places to sleep on axis Bonn - Tsech - Poland - baltic sea in
july