Re: Clock Loses Time

  • Subject: Re: Clock Loses Time
  • From: Millers <millerboys@acsalaska.net>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:52:54 -0900
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
I am using SuSE 8.1 here. The KDE (panel) clock keeps losing time when heavy
work is run on the machine. The only way to restore the time (so that it is
/displayed/ correctly) is to <Adjust Date & Time>, which then leads me to
YaST2, which then requires me to enter root password and then re-apply the
time settings. It has has become a real nuisance (the clock drags _hours_
behind) recently and I wonder if a solution exists.

Had a similar problem until I got broadband and could enable NTP. Seems that running things in KDE took a lot of cpu cycles or something and the time slipped. Daniel J. Bernstein wrote a program to keep the clock in sync w/o a full time network connection. Forget the name, but if you google for it I'm sure you'll find it. If not, drop me a tickler note and I'll see if I can track it down...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb