Re: Feeling Hungry?

  • Subject: Re: Feeling Hungry?
  • From: "Roger Zoul" <rogerzoul2@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:14:55 -0500
  • Newsgroups: sci.med.nutrition
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::
::: NYC XYZ wrote:
::::: Hi, All:
:::::
::::: Should I heed my stomach every time I feel hungry?  Seriously...I
::::: ask 'cause I get hungry at the oddest times!  Like just
::::: yesterday, I just was hungry just an hour and a half after my
::::: chicken salad!  Now I know it's salad, but there was 25g of
::::: protein in there!  And I didn't do nothing but sit at the desk....
:::::
:::
::: 25g protein = 100 calories. So, saying your salad had at least 100
::: calories
::: ain't saying much.  if you weigh 400 lbs then just moving about
::: during the day will place a significant energy demand on your body.
:::
::: Whether you should heed your stomach depends on how much you're
::: eating and where that level is compared to your maintenances needs,
::: and your other goals in terms of weight loss or gain, etc.
::
:: Protein is not a proper measure of how filling food items ought to
:: be. The body needs carbohydrates, fat, fibre, etc. and although
:: protein might be your focus if you work out, it only partially
:: affects your appetite. When I want to put an end to appetite after a
:: meal, I just have an apple or two.
::

A lot of people here think protein suppresses appetite. There have been
studies that claim that as well.