Re: Synching 2 PDAs together

  • Subject: Re: Synching 2 PDAs together
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:04:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Lesley Simpson wrote:

> Is it possible to sync 2 PDAs to the same user on the desktop? The
> reason I ask is that my parents only have one car so they need a common
> diary for meetings. At the moment they have a diary each and then write
> up appointments on the calendar at home (when they remember!). I
> wondered if they could automate it.

I am fairly sure that it is possible. If you synchronise a second PDA with
the Desktop, you should be prompted to choose a user and then all the data
will be transferred. The only problem with this is that many conflicts
could rise when synchronising, e.g. your father erases an appointment while
the mother flags it as urgent.

I don't base this on personal experience, but the case you describe is not
far different from making changes in Palm Desktop and the PDA or
synchronising to two separate desktops.

Make sure you have backups before attempting anything.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com