Re: PITA on Thunderbird

  • Subject: Re: PITA on Thunderbird
  • From: Michael Rozdoba <mroz@nowhere.invalid>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:39:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
No joy? Delete the news account and re-add. If no luck, get a more recent
version of Thunerbird. Don't give up on such a great application.

Maybe you can help with this query, as you seem a fan...

I've used Thunderbird since about 0.6 & am now on 1.0. I subscribe to a few mailing lists, many of which refuse to add a reply-to line pointing to the list, claiming this is broken behaviour.

Consequently, when responding, by default posts go to the post author, & one has to manually change this to the list address - I for one often forget.

The response to raising this on the list/s is that one should use a decent mail client that provides a reply-to-list button. TTBOMK Thunderbird lacks this. I suggested it on one of the TB forums, but the only response was a few other me-toos.

Any comments?

--
Michael
m r o z a t u k g a t e w a y d o t n e t