Re: KNode - 'fragmented views'?

  • Subject: Re: KNode - 'fragmented views'?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:30:15 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Hans Henrik Hansen wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> One guy in this newsgroup caused trouble when he had us all fiddle about
>> with the layout and consequently lose our convenient settings.
>
> Well, seems to be exactly what I managed all on my own! :)
>
>> From what I
>> can recall, it will be safe to close all the panes (if docked, see the
>> tiny X at the top-right corner).
>
> Tried that - and got rid of the 'Header View'(!)
>
>> Then, go to Settings and toggle all the
>> relevant entries. They should all be attached to the main window.
>>
>> CTRL+G, CTRL+H, CTRL+J
>
> I probably don't know what 'the relevant entries' are - and how I may
> attach them to the main window??

Okay, no need to panic *LOL*...

>From what I can recall, when panes are added, they are put within the main
window by default. Close all of them (don't fret). Now go to to 'Settings',
press 'Show Group View', 'Show Header View' and 'Show Article Viewer' in
turn. The more tricky part is changing the layout of the panes. I think it
depends on the order in which you call them to (re-)appear.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com