Re: Volume control from across the room

  • Subject: Re: Volume control from across the room
  • From: "Martin Underwood" <me@privacy.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:27:52 -0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
"Mark BR" <briley@onetel.co.uk> wrote in message
423eacd2_2@x-privat.org">news:423eacd2_2@x-privat.org...
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Mark BR wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone use anything that can adjust the computer volume level from
>>> across a big room, about 10 metres? - (Using WinXP)
>>>
>>> Tried the wireless mouse but it is too far!

I'm surprised that 10 metres is too far for a wireless mouse. My computer
came with a device about the size of a TV remote control which is a mouse
with special buttons for controlling the software that came with the
graphics card (ATI All in Wonder 8500). This works at about 15 metres
through several walls and a floor: I can control my PC (upstairs, other end
of house) from my living room: useful if I want to watch a DVD on my TV
downstairs (but I need a long length of coax to feed the video signal!).

Maybe you investigate whether a similar product is available on its own (ie
not bundled with a graphics card).

Alternatively, maybe there's a solution available which uses infra-red
signals like a TV remote does - as long as you've got line of sight between
the remote and the receiver on the computer.