Re: knode - the floating windows disease

  • Subject: Re: knode - the floating windows disease
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:13:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Larry Gagnon wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:39:54 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> I caught the floating windows disease yesterday -
>> when the header and article windows become detached from the main window.
>> This happens to me for no reason that I can see
>> perhaps once or twice a year.
>
> Solution 1: forget Knode and switch to Pan (much better and faster).
> Solution 2: get out of knode, find your knoderc file, delete it, reboot
> knode. You should be back to normal.
>
> Larry Gagnon

Wouldn't that cause a loss of other settings too? That's the radical way
which can do more damage than good, especially if you learn nothing about
the rc file/s in advance.

Tim,

Have a look at (KDE 3.1; SuSE):

~/.kde/share/apps/knode/knodeui.rc

See if you can find the relevant sections in the file and tweak them. Make a
backup first.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com