Re: crashes in 3.4 are driving me nuts

  • Subject: Re: crashes in 3.4 are driving me nuts
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:30:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Andrew Schulman wrote:

> I love KDE, and 3.4 is the best and nicest looking version yet.  But I'm
> sick of my applications crashing all the time.
>
> kicker and kopete both crash every time I log out.
>
> k3b crashes every time I drag several files into a project list.
>
> juk crashes every time I select a certain playlist.  I made the playlist,
> and later changed some of the file names.
>
> knode crashes randomly, about once a day.
>
> Is this just me?  Or are other people suffering from this too?  It almost
> makes me want to go back to 3.3, but I can't quite bring myself to do it.
>
> In case it matters, I'm using the Debian experimental packages.

Which release of KDE 3.4 are you using? The stable version came out only
over a week ago. Some were tempted to install it beforehand and if you use
Debian experimental packages on top of that (strictly speaking, at the
bottom of that), expect trouble. I use KDE 3.1 under SuSE and it's very
stable. A few bugs, but no crashes.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com