Re: Kmail signature question

  • Subject: Re: Kmail signature question
  • From: Albert <albert@ilestpasla.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:16:31 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Roy Schestowitz has offered us the following clue :

> Albert wrote:
>
>> When I reply to a mail, my reply is above the quoted text
>
> It shouldn't.
>
>> , but the
>> signature is put by kmail at the bottom, after the quoted text.
>
> I once tried to see if it can be changed, but I was unsuccessful.
>
>> Is there a
>> way to have my signature put by kmail after my reply and before the
>> quoted text ?
>
> I think you need to stick to the universal norm and avoid top-posting. I
> used to make that mistake before I realised it was doing more harm than
> good.
>
> Roy

You are probably right for news posting, where a number of people want to
follow the discussion, and this point is still debatable (type "top
posting" on Google and see by yourself). I would say it is a religious
matter and a boring subject. Generally, bottom posting is a sign of old
timers.
But for email I totally disagree. When you are exchanging emails with
somebody, you just need to put the old text below for reference if one has
forgotten it. Almost nobody I know bottom post emails.

So, anybody has an answer ? Please don't try to educate me, I'm an
anarchist.