Re: Kmail signature question

  • Subject: Re: Kmail signature question
  • From: Thor <thor@valhalla.bbs.corn>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 18:24:53 +1200
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> There is a convention that with emails, you add to the top and with
> newsgroups, you add to the bottom.  I subscribe to one group as a
> newsgroup, which is also available as a mailing list.  Most subscribe to
> it
> by e-mail, and follow the e-mail convention.  If I add to the top of a
> news article with Knode, it thinks that all the rest is signature.
>
> Doug.

Balls, by top posting either in emailing or in newsgroups you are saying
that what you have to say is far more important than what the person you
are replying to is saying. You are also talking over the top of them which
is also rude. The other thing about top posters is that they tend to reply
to a part of the message they are quoting but they don't trim, so the
reader has to then scroll through the whole message trying to figure out
which part of it they are answering/commenting on. The best and easiest way
to reply is to make it like a conversation, if you are replying to part of
the message, put you reply below the part you are replying to the whole
email/post then flows like a conversation and it is easy to make sense of
it/

--