Re: Google Adsense Display prob

  • Subject: Re: Google Adsense Display prob
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:13:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Rob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows XP Automatic Updates switched on and received some updates
> last night. Since then, Google Adsense ads aren't appearing on any website
> I visit using Internet Explorer 6. Just want to check with anyone else who
> is fully up to date with Windows updates if they are still seeing Adsense
> ads? I been into Security Settings and I have Scripting turned turned on.
>
> Hopefully it's just a blip on my PC - it would be a mighty blow if MS
> caused Adsense ads not to appear by default.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Most probably just a JavaScript issues... check some sites with JavaScript
content to see if that is indeed the source of the problem. Unless some
ratware was installed on your machine, there is no reason why AdSense
should be targetted specifically.

Have you checked AdSense on different domains? Moreover, do you even mind
the fact that it's not showing up? There is a pure-CSS ad block for Firefox
that stops them from appearing and it only makes browsing richer.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com