Re: KMail: Schedule (Program) Mail Delivery

Thomas Overgaard wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote :
>
>> I use SuSE 8.2 with KDE 3.1 so it's rather outdated and KAlarm caters for
>> simple commands primarily. I don't know if future releases are more
>> sophisticated.
>
> I don't know when this option came to KAlarm, but take a look at this
> screen-shot of the alarm editor here:

Gosh. Mine looks so primitive in comparison.

> As you can see there's four possible actions in a row, "Text", "File",
> "Command" and "Email". If you choose the "Email" option you can write an
> email and set the time it should be send, and KAlarm uses KMail for this
> so you don't have to setup KAlarm in any way.
>
> BTW. KDE 3.4 is available as *.rpm's for SuSE 8.2.

Really?!?! I did not know this, but I am a little afraid to try it. I don't
have enough space to spare for back-ups. I am worried about all sorts of
other things: marked threads, importing messages, associations, etc., just
in case they need some manual fixing/intervention.

I dread the very thought of setting up another machine one day. It is very
time-consuming. That's why I always SSH to this machine and keep things
centralised. Web-based solutions seemed appealing, but my host keeps
upgrading so I sometimes lose settings, e.g. with Horde: filters,
look-and-feel, shortcuts, keys.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com