Re: Deleting a Folder from server.

  • Subject: Re: Deleting a Folder from server.
  • From: Blinky the Shark <no.spam@box.invalid>
  • Date: 22 May 2005 17:07:25 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
  • References: <428e8816@news.rivernet.com.au> <slrnd8t3as.rod.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net> <428e93f9@news.rivernet.com.au> <slrnd8t6kj.sma.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net> <428e9e3b@news.rivernet.com.au> <d6matq$22n9$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <slrnd8tjr6.2o8.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net> <d6p3qf$tlv$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk> <slrnd905qm.tpm.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net> <d6ps34$28u6$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>

>>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/05/08/firefox-ftp-client/

>> As I said, I use it.  My question was about the claim that it's
>> "build [sic] into Firefox".  If it's an extension, I don't see how
>> it's built in.

> I see what you mean now. I also noticed the typo after posting, but
> didn't bother with supersede (having discussed its cr**piness a few
> days ago).

I just didn't want OP (or whoever) to bat his brains out trying to find
FireFTP in his nonextended installation of Firefox.  :)

> My phrasing in this NG was poor, admittedly. Let us hope, however,
> that the Mozilla/Firefox team will begin to integrate more extensions
> in the future.  Mouse Gestures and FTP, for example, seem to me like
> simple yet valuable features to all.

I'm not too sure I'd support that, although it's certainly a matter of
degree.  At first I had the same reaction, then I got to thinking that a
stable minimal (not that I consider FF feature-poor) base browser that's
very, very, very highly customizable like FF is with hundreds of
extensions is probably better.  Sure, you have to install them, but
that's a no-brainer, and most are small enough that they're not
a drag even here with my small pipe.  I've ended up being pretty well
sold on the extension model.  That said, gestures and FTP would be a
couple of the first ones I'd incorporate if FF were my project and I
was looking to add native features.

--
Blinky         Linux Registered User 297263
Info:   http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html