Re: Clicking on .pdb brings up Firefox instead of Install tool

  • Subject: Re: Clicking on .pdb brings up Firefox instead of Install tool
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 07:10:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Ike wrote:

> TREO650, OS5.40017
> WXP- PRO
> P4- 3.4GHz- 1.25GB RAM
>
> Somehow the correlations got screwed up. When I click on a .pdb
> intending to hotsync, instead of the Install tool I get Firefox. How can
> I change that back to what it was?
>
> Thanks!

It's probably a Windows-related question. You can usually (depending on the
version of Windows) go to Explorer (the file manager, not the browser),
then find "Folder Options" under "View". Find "Filetypes" (or a variant of
this title). Erase the association for PDB files.

Open a PDB file from an arbitrary directory and when you are asked which
application to use, choose the Installation tool for Palm.

Roy

PS - What does Firefox do with PDB files anyway? The file extension
methodology of Microsoft is flawed and your problem is one proof of that.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com