Re: Print to PDF + Screen Shots

__/ [Amnon Feiner] on Monday 31 October 2005 19:13 \__

> Hi all
>
> I use Adobe quite heavily for all my documentation. under XP I had the full
> adobe version, but what can I use under Linux? Is there a way to save as
> PDF or print to PDF?
> also, Is there something better the Xgrabsc? I take screen shots of
> complete windows or regional shots, and something a little more efficient.
>
> TIA

$> man import

You have a large variety of options including a one-click selection of
windows where it serves the purpose.

__/ [Darrell Stec] on Monday 31 October 2005 19:40 \__

> Open Office has a Save as PDF option.  I use it whenever I need PDF filese
> for webpages.  What makes it nice is that I can open a webpage in HTML
> format and duplicate it in PDF format all in Open Office.

Be aware that OpenOffice 1.x may generate PDF's (or diplay MSOffice documents
for that matters) slightly differently.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
  4:35am  up 67 days 10:24,  5 users,  load average: 1.04, 0.85, 0.75