__/ [Gerald Astin] on Wednesday 02 November 2005 05:59 \__
> Thank you for your help from all those who answered.
Apologies for the misconception.
> Maybe you thought it was a great joke, however I really can not enter the
> Google search engine. Up untill a few weeks ago I had no problem and have
> used the google search engine for years. I am not a new user and this is
> not spam.
> I can enter Google news no problem. I can search news items, but if I want
> to do a normal web search I just get taken to a clear blue page asking for
> a log in and a password or I get ERROR 404file not found. I can enter
> Google help pages, if I click on one of the page links to take me to search
> it just takes me to the log in/password.
> Some of you had the google link on your caustic reply but it doesn,t work
> for me.
> Am I missing something ??? Is Google now a pay as you go sight. Ever since
> Google news hit the internet I havn,t been able to enter the search engine.
> Can anyone genuinely help.
Let me propose a few possibilities:
* Your Internet service provider re-directs requests for Google.com
* Google are testing something and use your IP address in the process. Try
- Go to http://schestowitz.com/proxy
- Enter the username: open password: proxy
- Try browsing google.com
* Your Google cookie is malformed. Go to your cookie management widget
(depends on your browser) and erase the cookie that is associated with
* Try, for example, google.co.uk
A few things to point out:
* Emergence of Google News appears irrelevant.
* When posting in newsgroup use a descriptive subject line and elaborate in
the body. There are many trolls and spam here, so you must persuade us that
you are a genuine poster in order to receive construtive replies and not
Hope it helps,
Roy S. Schestowitz | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
6:45am up 68 days 12:34, 5 users, load average: 0.75, 0.24, 0.08
http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms