Re: Does Google Treats Reciprocal Link Exchange as Spam ?

__/ [cordial_camaraderie] on Wednesday 09 November 2005 11:21 \__

> I have read in certain articles that in recent Google update i.e jagger
> Update, reciprocal link exchange is being penalised.
> Is that Article true, Should I stop reciprocal link exchange ?

I  think it a falsified rumour. Many factors seem to indicate this by now.
What was the date of that article? Mid-October?

> If howerver I stop link exchange then How will I generate the back link
> for my site? please suggest me a mid way such that I can get back-link
> & also follow the  good webmaster policies.

Many  sites  have genuine link exchanges, e.g. blogrolls. One could  argue
that  they add noise to SE algorithms because such links are clannish  and
they are put in a large number of pages using templating. Yet, some people
link  to  other sites of their own such links are often very  logical  and
contextual.

Hope it alleviates some worries,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
 11:30am  up 6 days  7:28,  4 users,  load average: 1.15, 0.84, 0.64