Re: Torvalds gets tough on kernel coders

  • Subject: Re: Torvalds gets tough on kernel coders
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:32:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [High Plains Thumper] on Friday 11 November 2005 15:25 \__

> "Kleuskes & Moos" <kleuske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> <quote>
>> Linus Torvalds has threatened that if developers add 'last-minute
>> things' to the next version of the Linux kernel he will 'refuse to
>> merge, and laugh in their faces derisively'
>> </quote>
>>
>> Read it at
>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39236742,00.htm
>
> Can you blame him?  Linux has enjoyed the reputation of being a secure
> and stable OS.  If they compromise now, they will just become another
> OS.  (Inasmuch as developers are well intentioned, it is better to leave
> things left undone for the next round, or "experimental" for those
> willing to test or risk it.

To quote more,

  "I'll just refuse to merge, and laugh in their faces derisively when they
  whine plaintively at me, and tell them there's going to be a new opening
  soon enough."

Sound like vanity. Should the name "Benedict" be appended yet again?

http://message-id.net/%3C1991Oct5.054106.4647@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%3E

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  3:25pm  up 8 days 11:23,  4 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.24, 0.31