Re: Monitor "Out of Range"

  • Subject: Re: Monitor "Out of Range"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:46:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [hebie] on Saturday 12 November 2005 14:10 \__

> Mr_Bill wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:29:32 +0000, hebie wrote:
>>

>>>I am trying to get Suse 10 to run on a Viewsonic VE910b LCD monitor.
>>>Video card is a ATI X600 AIW. (Suse 10 was installed on this system
>>>running beautifully until I somehow screwed things up and had to
>>>reinstall Suse)
>>

>> When you run sax2 -l (small L) doesn't it give you a chance to change
>> monitors?
>>
>> I think at the top of that list is a generic LCD 1280 * 1024.
>>
>> Mr_Bill
> sax2 starts it "config" (star spinning) and then it seems like it's
> trying to reset as I get a black screen with "Out of Eange" on screen.
> Then I have to reboot.

I had that sort of disappointing with YaST as well. You would have thought
that settings should be reverted to the old ones after 15 seconds or so, but
no. A reboot was needed when I tried certain illegal ranges. Overall, YaST2
was never too kind to me. I ended up manually editing/replacing xconf in all
circumstances, which was time-consuming. Many have been more lucky though.