Re: Jagger continues

  • Subject: Re: Jagger continues
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 04:11:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Big Bill] on Saturday 12 November 2005 23:37 \__

Technically,  Jagger  does not continue; it is definitely finished (all  3
'parts'  of it). Having said that, there is still significant flux and in-
consistencies across datacentres, I agree.

The changes are perhaps so significant that it takes a long time to propa-
gate  them.  There  is one datacentre which apparently gives  the  'ground
truth'. Unfortunately, this gives no indication of prospective traffic, no
clearly  anyway. Jagger may be no exception to previous updates, but since
Jagger  made  radical  changes, the inconsistencies are  hard  to  ignore.
That's my guess anyway.

I  have no idea when this will end, but the changes between one datacentre
and another (for me at least) can be very significant, e.g. existence ver-
sus mere/no existence at all (position >50).

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:59:02 +0200, Berimor <berimor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:09:30 GMT, Big Bill  wrote:
>>
>>> Tracking my serps in their continuing downward plunge I note that the
>>> datacentres are still dancing. I also note that, improbably enough, a
>>> mention of my site in the highdots forums gets a higher priority in
>>> the datacentres than the site itself.

This comes to show that something is still incomplete. I come across simi-
lar  situations where, quite inarguably, the wrong priorities are  adhered
to.

>>Exactly what i noticed too. It's naturally if forums' PRs are higher. But
>>i also noticed that some pages with PR-0 have higher priority on some
>>keywords too - at the same time mine has PR5.
>
> The PR thing could be because their is PR allotted to the pages but
> not displayed yet.

I  noticed  that PR oddity too. No change to PR in 4 separate domains.  It
has been months since the last update and although crawling is busier than
ever,  there  is no sign of improved (or even changed) ranks. I  carry  on
waiting.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  3:55am  up 9 days 23:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.52, 0.53