Re: IMHO, you folks will find this site interesting

  • Subject: Re: IMHO, you folks will find this site interesting
  • From: "Chaddy2222" <rockradio2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Nov 2005 22:23:24 -0800
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [Safalra] on Wednesday 16 November 2005 18:53 \__
>
> > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:57:10 -0800, Ed Jay wrote:
> >> Well, I found it interesting.
> >>
> >> http://dontclick.it/
> >
> > It's nice to see people are exploring new interface ideas. However, I think
> > that while this interface could be fun in a game, it's unlikely to take off
> > in serious applications - in current interfaces it's nice to be able to
> > move over an interface element without it performing some action, and it
> > facilitates exploratory learning (especially through things like tooltips),
> > and this new interface would need a lot of usability research performed to
> > make it easy to add clickless GUIs to your applications without making them
> > unusable.
>
> I agree. You can't take the 'trigger element' out of interaction. Movement is
> not restricted enough. Think of it as driving without the pedals. The car
> defines the speed based on some fuzzy criterion.
>
> I enjoyed seeing the site though. They did some nice work, which is neat

Yeah..... Well, I did not think that much of the site really. Also the
complete use of flash makes the site inaccessable, to people trying to
access the site with screne readers, and to people who use a text only
browser.
Also I did not really get the use of flash by the sites designer, as a
resault I did not even really get what the site was about.
Something about not clicking on links or some crap....
I think the idea could be good, but they haven't really implermented it
to good for the web. If you have flash disabled, as some people in this
group do, and in my case I don't have it in FireFox, it means you can't
even get to the site, a very bad design choice, considering how
interesting, but slightly vage  the idea was.