Re: Connect Palm Tungsten T3 to Suse 10

  • Subject: Re: Connect Palm Tungsten T3 to Suse 10
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:47:55 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [eulaersivan@xxxxxxxxx] on Sunday 20 November 2005 10:13 \__

> I'm trying to connect my Palm Tungsten T3 to my Suse 10 box with
> bluetooth.

For an Internet connection or just synchronisation? Irrelevant of me to ask,
but still...

> With "hcitool scan" I can see my Palm device. My Suse 10 can also be
> seen as trusted bluetooth device on my palm.

That's good news.

> What do I have to do next in order to share my internet connection with
> my Palm?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ivan

I  believe  that  at  this  stage,  you  must  simply  set  up  your  Palm
browser/E-mail  program. Which one do you use? Web Pro? Versamail? If  so,
have  you  tried establishing a connection with the trusted source,  which
appears to be in range? If so, what was the outcome?

If this problem lies in your handheld rather than the desktop which commu-
nicates  properly and propagates the signal, then I suggest you ask in the
Palm newsgroups. The experience there is much broader and the largest com-
petent audience (readership) is currently at:

comp.sys.palmtops.pilot.

There are Linux user there as well.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
  4:40pm  up 17 days 12:34,  4 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.53, 0.65