Re: Church on Upper Brook Street

__/ [mogga] on Sunday 20 November 2005 15:07 \__

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:43:24 -0000, "MrBlueSkye"
> <MrBlueSkye@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Some years ago when Micro Direct moved from their Kingsway premises to
>>their present upper Brook Street one I did some work on the upper brook
>>street premises in preparation for the move. Interestingly a whole
>>methodist chapel meeting room and associated very spooky areas are / were
>>to be found 2 floors up over their ground floor sales area. The decor and
>>settings were as if the congregation had just left and someone had
>>padlocked the doors.

I wonder how old that fairly distinct branch actually is. I first saw it in
2000 and it was flooded by customers. I don't know if that is still the
case. The folks next door were suspected to be terrorists at one point (it
brought Victoria Park to the headlines). That ought to have been damaging
for business, as well as the general reputation of the area. Needless to
mention, MD have been criticised for poor customer support as well...

> The one they're in now? Used to be a pub didn't it?

It sure looks like it, but it's painted blue. I used to live next door, only
seconds away from irresistible gadgets. *smirk*