Re: Using a high pagerank site

  • Subject: Re: Using a high pagerank site
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:15:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Neredbojias] on Monday 21 November 2005 12:35 \__

> With neither quill nor qualm, John quothed:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am about to take control of a old site with a decent PR, and I am
>> planning on combining it with an newer site with a lower PR (the site
>> with the higher PR needs to be disposed of). What is the best way to
>> "transfer" as much of that PR as possible to the lower ranked site?
>
> Switch urls.

Either that (depending on the gap in terms of rank/incoming links) or use a
permanent re-direct with 301 status:

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E301.html

I should warn you that if the sites are unrelated and ranks are simply
'purchased' and funnelled, then you might gain nothing or even be penalised.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
  2:10pm  up 18 days 10:04,  5 users,  load average: 2.71, 1.52, 0.92