Re: How Long Can PageRank Dominate?

__/ [John Bokma] on Tuesday 11 October 2005 06:57 \__

>> Does everyone realise that PageRank (i.e. backlinks principle /
>> "backrub") was conceived almost a decade ago? There must be a better
>> way,
>
> TrustRank? (And no, I still haven't read it :-)

Is it not just an enhancement of the existing paradigm though (BackRub)? It
sure sounds like it, but I haven't read beyond the headlines. In fact, I
think it intentionally remains obscure and most probably these methods will
remain secret as only their creators know the flaws and the way things can
be exploited. It is about as dangerous as closed source: 'Gods' who know
how the world is run and 'little people' who wander aimlessly in a maze
created by the 'Gods'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
  9:40am  up 46 days 21:54,  3 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.26, 0.24