Re: A Bitter Linux User in a World Dominated by an Inferior O/S

__/ [Handover Phist] on Thursday 13 October 2005 06:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz blithely blithered
>>
>> There appears to be hundreds of them all over the world, China and Russia
>> in particular.
>
> *sigh* I remember my first ddos attack... Dont worry too much, your site
> is showing up fine here. Log what you can. See if you can use iptables
> rules to kill the attacks by IP or frequency of request. Most of all
> relax and try to see it as an exercise.

Thanks. I have just got an Apache rule from a friend, so I believe I can
weed out the attacks that have gone on for over a week and reached
worrisome levels.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
 11:10am  up 48 days 23:24,  4 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.45, 0.47