Re: Windows can be Easily Hijacked, Not Linux

__/ [tab] on Thursday 13 October 2005 20:39 \__

>>I have yet another reason to hate Windows with /passion/. My Linux >server
>>has come under heavy attacks by Windows machine that had >been hijacked
>>and it's putting my Web host in jeopardy. Motive? >Referrer spam that
>>comes with the visits en masse.
>
> This is just pure crap.  Linux advocates don't need this kind of trash.
>
> If Windows were not the dominating OS in the world, then whatever OS
> dominated, would be pounding your server.  Think before you post.
>
> Give me your servers addy, so I can hammer it with spam from Linux, and
> you will feel better.
>
> <<< can he really be this stupid? >>>

You are missing the point /entirely/. The machines are /not voluntarily/
knocking on the server. Due to their vulnerabilities, they have been
hijacked. The log entries imply that (assuming they are not spoofed). One
person can use an army of relics to attack whoever he/she does not like.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
  5:35am  up 49 days 17:49,  3 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.59, 0.64