Bitter About Google Algorithms

I thought some people in this group may find this interesting.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/10/15/non-evolving-se-os/

<snips>

The very core of these remains PageRank ? a mechanism that often gets
misused and leads to disasters (referrer spam among other link spamming
techniques). For my recent zombie attacks I blame:

    * Google - for unintentionally leading to ?link greed?, not
understanding or anticipating streetsmarts and penetration of second- and
third-world countries into the Internet

One may begin to conceive a Google killer rather than a Windows killer. The
required resources, however, in particular data centres, make the
(financial) entry barrier too high to initiate a substantial enough threat.
Proprietaries, however, are no concrete barrier, in contrary to the case
with operating systems.

</snips>

Faithfully,