Re: billwg

__/ [Linønut] on Saturday 15 October 2005 15:57 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> I wonder if there is evidence to suggest that some of the wintrolls in
>> this group are directly or indirectly funded by Microshaft and/or its
>> allies. I am rather new to this newsgroup, so I continue to look for
>> subtle clues.
>
> I'm sure that, if this happened, MS would cover the audit trail
> pretty well.
>
> However, if you can get ahold of some MS Word docs, you might find clues
> in the change-tracking info.

Yes, there were some stories where people got caught red-handed due to some
opaque (if not invisible at the exterior level) author/ownership bits of
data in Office files, Word in particular. Apparently it does not bother too
many users that their software is doing questionable stuff including 'calls
back to base'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | make install -not war
  4:00pm  up 51 days  4:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.60, 0.48