Re: Palm, Linux, Web-based Synchronisation

__/ [Martin T] on Monday 17 October 2005 01:50 \__

> Captain's log. On StarDate Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:45:47 +0100 received comm
> from Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on channel
> comp.sys.palmtops.pilot:
>
> : Well... not necessarily. There are always alternative paths, e.g.
> :
> : http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/10/09/linux-tablet/
> :
> : It's not out yet, but I can wait!
>
> I personally wouldn't be too surprised if Nokia did a "Palm Source" -- ie
> killing off the current OS (Symbian in the case of Nokia) and port the GUI
> to run on Linux instead. I wouldn't like to have too much stock in Symbian
> these days (ie be some of the other phone companies who has invested in
> Symbian).

Me neither. Thanks for some inspiring thoughts. I still wait for a handheld
that integrates with and synchronises with Linux more seamlessly.

I also had the idea of Web-based synchronisation in the past (last year).
The core of the idea is to keep data in a place that is always avaliable to
any device from any place.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
  3:30am  up 52 days 15:44,  5 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.61, 0.56