Re: Windows Vista - Shit on Bread Fed as Phily Cheese Steak

  • Subject: Re: Windows Vista - Shit on Bread Fed as Phily Cheese Steak
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:24:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [George Ellison] on Wednesday 19 October 2005 01:16 \__

> "JesusFreak" <pw1992@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Do you see Windows Vista posing a threat to Linux Market share? I have
>> been unfortunate to beta test 5112 build, and it is pretty sucky, so do
>> you think this will cause people to leave and head for Linux?
>
> Hopefully.  Personally, though, I doubt it.  The Windows users are for
> the most
> part sheep, with some bleating louder than others.  Microsoft's gonna
> feed them shit on bread with Vista, and they're gonna take to it like it
> was a Phily cheese steak.

You are completely forgetting that, under certain circumstances, it is  IT
professionals who make the judgement and decide on the O/S choice. Whether
it is the IT department,  the store salesman  or the handware vendor, when
Vista appears like a poor choice (hardware requirements, security...) that
leads to high-maintenance and high TCO, the shift will be warranted.

So far what we lack is education.  These MSCE's must become aware or Linux
and  have some  hands-on experience on top of that. That's  what I believe
we're here for.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  6:15am  up 54 days 18:29,  5 users,  load average: 1.53, 0.89, 0.66