Re: Kile, LyX and LaTeX

  • Subject: Re: Kile, LyX and LaTeX
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:00:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [MaskedSlacker] on Thursday 20 October 2005 19:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [casioculture@xxxxxxxxx] on Thursday 20 October 2005 13:38 \__
>>

>>>I'm learning TeX/LaTeX at the moment and it makes me feel pity for
>>>those stuck to MS Word.
>>>
>>>I just LOVE the CLI/plaintext culture of linux.
>>

>> Just don't miss out on LyX < http://lyx.org >, which is an excellent
>> robust
>> and inter-operable front-end to LaTeX. This post of mine, by the way,
>> will be (re-)formatted as to be justified and hyphenated using Perl
>> modules that have been inherited from TeX.
>>

> Personally I like Kile as a frontend for Latex.
>
> And of course, LaTeX documents look far more professional, with far less
> effort.

Yes,  I saw Kile in action. Whatever you choose, good luck with TeX.  Once
you  get used to it, your words intensify. The layout simply enhances  the
overall  effect  and general impression. LaTeX is all  about  professional
presentation and a correctly-built assemblage.

Typical WYSIWYG; build a tend, then slowly expand it to become a house

TeX: design, plan, construct, admire.

Roy

PS - my posts are usually justified and  hyphenated using TeX, but I  said
that already.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  5:55pm  up 57 days  6:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.16