Re: grid in a photo ... how?

  • Subject: Re: grid in a photo ... how?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 04:53:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
__/ [Joal Heagney] on Saturday 22 October 2005 02:37 \__

> Jacek M. Holeczek wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've met the following problem.
>> My colleague is a hobby-painter.
>> He would like to "copy" a well known painting.
>> I have found a "jpg" file with it's photo and I can "scale" the photo and
>> print it in the "full size" (i.e. 1:1 ratio).
>> However, I would also like to put a "square grid" on this photo (1cm x 1cm
>> in both directions). Just "sharp" vertical and horizontal lines which
>> should somewhat "increase" the brightness of pixels on these lines ...
>> The way i did it now was a real pain ...
>> Any ideas how can one do it easily?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Best regards,
>> Jacek.
>
> Go to Filters->Render->Gfig.
>
> Under the File Menu in the Gfig dialog, set the grid distance to what
> you want.
> Select a brush that shows up on your image.
> Select the options, "Show grid" and "Snap to Grid"
> Now using the Gfig line tool, draw in all the grid lines. Because of the
> "Snap to Grid" option, this will take you only a couple of minutes.
> Gfig will then draw all your lines onto the image, using the brush of
> your choice.
>
> Joal Heagney

...Or an alternative...

* Open a new image with transparent background

* Open context (main) menu upon image

* Script-Fu -> Render -> Make grid system

* Toy with the X and Y values until happy

* When rendered, copy the image and paste it upon the painting.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  4:50am  up 57 days 17:04,  8 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.29, 0.43