Re: SPLOGS: Are they actually talking about Scrapers?

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Sunday 23 October 2005 16:04 \__

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=68787&cat_id=643

>> PS...note how this article doesn't mention anything of how Adsense is
>> probably the chief reasoning behind the creation of such "dummy"
>> sites....or am I reading into this the wrong way?
>
> Have a look at the following:
>
> http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/16/1302867.html
>
> I was apparently the one partially responsible for having Chris publish
> that.
>
> Also see the screencast:

Screencast here:

http://chris.pirillo.com/images/blogspotspam/blogspot.html

(hit the wrong keyboard accelerator, which sent the message prematurely)

AdSense, by the way, should not be blamed as there are many other programs
that could be exploited among that spam content. Some would argue that as
much of 70% of blogs is spam, but it's often invisible to us because the
spam is obscure and isolated. It gets filtered out too.