Re: prefix role???

__/ [John Bokma] on Monday 24 October 2005 09:19 \__

> beromko@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> can anybody say why Google add different PRs for same domain with and
>> without "www" prefix?
>> Is bot so stupid to not to see that this is the same site?
>> How to do right to get most possible PR?
>
> http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2004/04/12/rewritingurlsforgoogle.html
>
> And don't be amazed if your PR stays similar-

This was discussed before. See entire thread by following the address below:

http://message-id.net/1120928868.850485.281910@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<snip>

[Stacey]

They are the same page as yes by default your index page. But they are
actually 2 seperate pages. Google will not penalize you, but you need to get
it fixed so that the pages will be the same so you will gain all of your PR
to one place.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.speaktomecatalog.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.speaktomecatalog.com [R=301,L]

</snip>

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
 10:00am  up 59 days 20:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.98, 0.40, 0.24