Re: beefing up the panel

__/ [Jedi Fans] on Friday 28 October 2005 07:54 \__

>> It seems to be headed in that direction. Also have a look at KDE Plasma:
>>
>> http://plasma.bddf.ca/
>>
>> Animation here:
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/18/kde-and-plasma/
>>

>> Also, over at the GNOME(-ish/RedHat) camp, have a look at Luminocity:
>>
>> http://scr3.golem.de/screenshots/0504/x11/sc01k.jpg   (animations)
>>

>> Roy
>>
> you yourself might be interested in kxdocker for kde then ;) MacOS-like
> docker bar ;)

Homepage:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/kxdocker/

Screenshot:

http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/46187/49397/

Oh my! I wonder if it's a resource hog...

"KXDocker is an innovative docker for KDE. It is like the Dock in Mac OS X,
but more powerful. It is based on the engine from osXBar 1.0.23. It works as
a task manager, a mount-point manager, and a launcher."

http://www.xiaprojects.com/www/prodotti/kxdocker/main.php#distro

Linux distro READY
KXDocker since year 2005 is ready for:

    * Linux Gentoo!
      I hope gentoo will put kxdocker ebuilds into portage.
    * Slackware ready: linuxpackages.net
    * Suse 9.2