Re: 8000 links over night appeared on this site. google error?

__/ [Big Bill] on Friday 28 October 2005 14:06 \__

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:49:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [Marco] on Friday 28 October 2005 11:39 \__
>>
>>> http://www.ibes.pl/
>>>
>>> This site belongs to a friend of mine.  He did nothing to build links
>>> or optimizes it. Then one day google reported 8000+ links and he has a
>>> PR6.  We both do not know what happened. We are both very honest in
>>> terms of SEO. We just are trying to figure out how google game him 8000
>>> links and a PR6 over night! And it has been about a month now.
>>
>>Having gone through these links, it seems as though many blogs are pointing
>>at that site. I haven't descended to these blogs and ensured there was no
>>mistake, but it sure seems like good accumulation of IBL's from genuine
>>blogrolls (not only blogs nonetheless).
>>
>>Be aware that public display of backlinks in Google gets updated once in
>>about 40-50 days, so the overnight changes is not out of the blue. 0 ->
>>8000 hump, however, would raise some red alarms at the Google headquarters.
>>I would not worry...
>>
>>I hope this post was not an obscure type of self-promotion...
>>
>>Roy
>
> That's what I thought about that seo software suite that was mentioned
> earlier - you wandered right into it...
> I suppose the meaning behind "born yesterday" was lost on you, hmmmm?

He posted the message twice, but he then replied to your/my message, which
implied he was not a troll at least...

These things are very subtle.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:30pm  up 63 days 23:45,  5 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.06, 0.01