Re: project developers get the sack after converting to Open Source says ewic

  • Subject: Re: project developers get the sack after converting to Open Source says ewic
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 05:06:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: uk.comp.os.linux
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Rick] on Saturday 29 October 2005 17:33 \__

> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:43:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [billwg] on Saturday 29 October 2005 16:27 \__
>>

>>> "Daeron" <doug.mentohl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Given your talent at dredging things up on the Internet why haven't
>>> *you* produced any such evidence of people getting sacked or a project
>>> failing. Why aren't these imagonary failed projects not appearing on
>>> the Fast.Fud site?
>>>
>>> Erik is right and you know it.  Take for example the linux progress
>>> poster child, i.e. the conversion by the city of Munich to linux.  Three
>>> years later and they haven't converted the first machine.  They can't
>>> figure out what they need to do and their consultants seem to be unable
>>> to get anyone to be the first to volunteer.  All talk, no delivery.
>>> Meanwhile, they continue to run on NT4!
>>>
>>> Some proud history!  LOL!!!
>>
>> Flatfish.
>>
>> What are you doing crossposting here? Go back to COLA.
>>
>> Roy
>
> Billy isn't flatfish. He's a another dishonest malcontent.

*smile*

Here is how he currently gets described in COLA:

__/ [Roy Culley] on Sunday 30 October 2005 00:17 \__

> ngstats.pl version 1.14
>
> This report covers 2773 articles received by this system to
> newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]

> Toplist of Posters
>
>  Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
>    1. Thomas Wootten <tw296@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          203  191782    74%
>    2. John Bailo                                       175   72465    45%
>    3. DooFuS - LIAR / WINTROLL / RACIST                147  252959    68%
>    4. Linønut <linønut@xxxxxxxx>                       144  107878    71%
>    5. Larry Qualig - MS APOLOGIST                      108  142395    63%
>    6. Tim Fairchild <amosf>                             79  124265    74%
>    7. Funkenbusch - MS APOLOGIST / LIAR / FUDMEISTER    61  117687    60%
>    8. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   51   92445    52%
>    9. William Poaster <willpoast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       47   67321    91%
>   10. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            46   81010    81%
>       Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       46  118989    59%
>   12. billwg - WINTROLL / LIAR LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        43   45835    49%
>       7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        43   46474    49%

I promised that I would never read his posts, but I thought he invaded other
groups too, which is a deterrent. I later found out that the OP ("parent"
would be more correct as it was a reply) was responsible for setting a gross
follow-up-to field.