Re: Making a link to a different port

  • Subject: Re: Making a link to a different port
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:18:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Ryan Garnier] on Monday 31 October 2005 12:13 \__

> Maybe this is not the correct newsgroup for this question, but I didn't
> find another suitable one:
>
> I have Apache webserver, and In a webpage I have to make a link to
> another port in my PC (not the one configured to the webserver). I don't
> know how to create it:
>
> For instance:
>
> http://localhost:8888/.../file

> Thanks in advance

That file should be in your public space, so you should be able to address it
using, e.g.:

This assumes that your Web server is set to permit connections to that port.
In Apache, I have one such server that makes images public on port 8081.
Bear in mind that what you do might be dangerous. What are you trying to
achieve?