Re: blending 2 photos

__/ [Troy Piggins] on Friday 02 September 2005 06:41 \__

> Apologies if I don't use the correct terms - I am a very new user to
> gimp.
>
> I would like to create a banner type logo on my home page, and was
> thinking about blending(?) two (or maybe more) photos together.  I'd
> like a close up, say, of the my head/face on one corner, then that gets
> transparent over another background image, say, a landscape of a beach.

"the my head/face" indicates that you felt it was too egoistic and changed
the phrasing. *wink*

 o Open the face in one window

 o Open the background in another window

 o Hover with the mouse over the face, right-click (right-handed mouse
assumed)

 o Layers -> Layers, Channels and Paths (GIMP 1.2.x)

 o Reduce the opacity value as much as you desire

 o copy the face image (CTRL+C)

 o Paste the selection in the background image (CTRL+V)

> I looked at some of the tutorials on gimp link pages, but none seemed to
> suit my purposes.  Is there an online tutorial, or if someone could give
> a brief overview of their technique?  Thanks.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  8:40am  up 8 days 21:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.55, 0.64