Re: USB flash memory stick

__/ [Albert] on Saturday 03 September 2005 08:31 \__

> On Mandriva LE2005.
> trying to get memory flash stick recognised, without success.
> Entered following in konsole:
>
> [root@localhost /]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable
> mount: mount point /mnt/removable does not exist
> [root@localhost /]# mkdir /mnt/removable
> [root@localhost /]# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable
> mount: /dev/sda1 is not a block device
>
> Any suggestions?
> TIA
> Albert

It is now a 2-person problem. By conicidence, it is was only a couple of
hours ago that I posted a similar question to the SuSE newsgroup. The
errors I get:

BAINE:/ # mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable
mount: mount point /mnt/removable does not exist
BAINE:/ # mkdir /mnt/removable
BAINE:/ # mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/removable
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

However, I ought to mention that I try to access a mobile Webcam that runs
on batteries. I tried some of the advice which had been given in this
thread thus far to no avail.