Re: [rant] IE shows its 'excellence' -- yet again.

__/ [Linønut] on Saturday 03 September 2005 15:30 \__

> Roy Schestowitz poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:
>
>> PS - The only thing IE does not suffer from is the ability to play and
>> support proprietary formats. That said, DVD Jon has done something on the
>> matter:
>>
>> http://www.theregister.com/2005/09/02/dvd_jon_mediaplayer/
>
>    http://XXXXXXXXnanocrew.net/?p=39

Some newbie blog... wouldn't look at it. Quite possibly WordPress by the
pattern of the URL (haven't actually looked). 39th entry... still has a
long way ahead before achieving some status, readers and have a better
sense of responsibility. Maybe (just maybe) then he would avoid using the F
and A word. Flamethrower.

>    Heres how one of the emails, from a guy in the UK whos working on his
>    Ph.D, ends:

(P)ermanent (H)ead (D)amage indeed.

>        You may think youre doing the right thing liberating music for
>        one and all but you really arent. Thanks for fucking it up for
>        all of us, asshole. I hope Apple, the RIAA and the BPI come down
>        hard on your ass now that the EUCD and DMCA are in place.
>
>    Funny stuff. I just hope I have enough room in /dev/null.

You can borrow some of mine, mate.

> That one was from a Mac user.

They are usually very nice and sociable people. Each community is allowed to
have its village idiot.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
  7:00pm  up 10 days  7:11,  3 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.33, 0.27