Re: RIP Alex Nichol

  • Subject: Re: RIP Alex Nichol
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 05:39:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [Marcus Houlden] on Tuesday 06 September 2005 19:29 \__

> I was checking something else earlier on, and I noticed this page about
> Alex Nichol, formerly of these pastures (and uk.comp.os.win95):
> http://aumha.org/alex.htm. It seems he died on the 9th of March 2005. He
> used to be quite a regular contributor who knew what he was talking about,
> and I did wonder where he had gone.
>
> mh.

Judging by a quick search in Google Groups, Alex contributed an enormous
amount of his valuable time helping people in the newsgroups.

Somebody's son came to the Windows-related newsgroups around March this year
to say that his father passed away. He also mentioned that his father loved
these newsgroups and spoke about them often, as far as I can recall.
Whether it was the son of Alex, I do not know. I can't find a reference to
that message either. Nonetheless, I have great admiration for anyone who is
so committed to helping. Alex was one such guy.