Re: (OT) Firefox 1.5 and Extensions

__/ [hywel.jenkins@xxxxxxxxx] on Friday 09 September 2005 08:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> For those who have not yet noticed, the Firefox 1.5 Release Candidate is
>> out:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.5beta1.html
>>
>> I have a little question: regardless of whether the beta or the final
>> version gets used, can anyone estimate how badly existing extensions will
>> be affected? What about themes? Will hidden settings (accessible via the
>> JavaScript and about: config) be thrown away? How 'damaging' in the short
>> term would a move to 1.5 be?
>>
>> I'd greatly appreciate your advice
>
> Install FF1.5b into its own directory and run multiple versions.

I have tried that before with Park Deer (near the announcement of 1.1, which
was later conceded). It caused all sorts of trouble, which was good
evidence as to why my backups are ever so necessary.

Roy

PS - Speaking of backups, ispell dropped all of the words which I 'taught'
it about 3 days ago. I have no idea why/how this happened, but luckily I
could restore from a June backup of dot files.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
  9:05am  up 15 days 10:57,  3 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.79, 0.65