Re: (OT) Firefox 1.5 Beta - Conclusions

__/ [Mark Parnell] on Friday 09 September 2005 08:11 \__

> Previously in alt.html, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> said:
>
>> I have a little question: regardless of whether the beta or the final
>> version gets used, can anyone estimate how badly existing extensions will
>> be affected? What about themes? Will hidden settings (accessible via the
>> JavaScript and about: config) be thrown away? How 'damaging' in the short
>> term would a move to 1.5 be?
>
> I have no idea, but I'd be interested to know your results. ;-)

Okay, I have just tried the beta The result was an unpleasant mess involving
broken extensions, themes and a few other unpleasant things. My conclusion
would be similar to the one from July when I first tried Deep Park and
struggled < http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/09/deer-park/ >.
I hope that the final transition to 1.5 would be a smooth and painless one.
The "About" section has the label Firefox 1.4.