Re: best way to Html & PDF

__/ [bringmewater@xxxxxxxxx] on Friday 09 September 2005 16:02 \__

> What's the best way to maintain HTML documentation and generate a PDF
> that has a Table of Contents, and an Index that has the CORRECT page
> numbers for the pdf.  I don't see any way to do this in Acrobat 7 Pro.
> What's the right tool.    I want to generate my documentation that
> looks JUST LIKE the acrobat help file that has a Contents tab, Search
> tab and Index tab with a browseable index.  THANKS !!!!

I suggest that you look into LyX < lyx.org >, which is a front-end to LaTeX.
It produces semantically valid output as PDF, HTML, PostScript, and more.
If you would like to get a feel for the output:

http://www.othellomaster.com/OM/Application_Documentation/OMAD.html
http://www.othellomaster.com/OM/Application_Documentation/OMAD.pdf
http://www.othellomaster.com/OM/Application_Documentation/OMAD.ps

To get a feel for what the WYSIWYG interface is like, have a look at the LyX
Web site.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | /earth: file system full
  6:50am  up 16 days  8:42,  7 users,  load average: 3.74, 2.07, 1.37