Re: Knode - split threads

__/ [Kit] on Friday 09 September 2005 18:42 \__

> When viewing newsgroups in Knode most threads seem to be split into many
> individual posts or relatively simple branches. This ng seems OK, but
> rec.photo.digital is appalling for split threads; for example the thread
> OT Hurricane. Is it just me, my Knode setup or what?
>
> Using Outlook Express shows stuff just fine!
>
> Any suggestions for a solution would be welcome.

I have just have a quick checked. The group is in chaos. This is probably
the product of a community that is not technology savvy. They may be using
Google Groups to reply without binding the reply to an existing thread. I
see it more often in 'recreational' groups and often it comes from users
that post from Web interfaces.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  7:20am  up 16 days  9:12,  7 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.98, 1.28