Re: How can I stop my processes being monitored?

  • Subject: Re: How can I stop my processes being monitored?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:42:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [plato] on Sunday 11 September 2005 22:43 \__

> How can I stop the processes on my computer being monitored?
> I play scrabble with http:/www.isc.ro and when i examine games the pros
> play and use an anagrammer to check words and hooks etc., the server
> detects I have used an annagrammer and I get penalised.
> Is there any way I can prevent what processes I have running being seen by
> others?
>
> thanks
>
> plato

The headers indicate that you are using Outlook Express, which is
Windows-only. Would you consider using an operating system that exposes you
less? I personally expose the processes that I run intentionally, e.g.
http://BLOCKbaine.smb.man.ac.uk:8001/caption.txt (remove BLOCK, refreshed
every 10 minutes), but no process from outside should have access to such
information.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | /earth: file system full
  3:35am  up 17 days 23:50,  3 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.58, 0.61