Start Application Minimised

I am using KDE 3.1, though it is probably irrelevant for this question and I
can't seem to find out how to >force an application to start up minimised<.
I call the application (Konsole) from the command line and I was hoping for
some CL argument (none in konsole --h) or some command to prefix 'konsole'
with.

This is truly needed as I occasionally open around 20 terminals, each in
turn from a shell script, which results in clutter over the display.

Can anybody suggest how to achieve the desired effect?

Many thanks,